Over the past few years, combination boilers (combi boilers) have become increasingly popular in the UK. More than 70% of Britons are choosing to install a new combi boiler over traditional and system boilers.
So why should Wirral homeowners install combi boilers?
Combi boilers are efficient water and central heating units that can heat your home and water without additional water tanks.
Conventional and system boilers store hot water in cylindrical tanks. Combi boilers, on the other hand, heat water on demand and directly from water mains. Their dual functionality as a water and central heating solution makes them ideal for many Wirral homeowners.
So, how do you know if a Wirral combi boiler is right for you? Let’s look at the pros and cons of combi boilers to help you choose the right boiler installation option for you.
What are the Disadvantages of Combi Boilers?
As with all things in life, combi boilers are not perfect. Some of the disadvantages of combi boilers include:
- Limited Shower Options – Combi boilers limit the type of showers you can install and the number of showers and baths you can run simultaneously. Your combi boiler’s water pressure will be set by the water mains’ pressure level, which means that a power shower will not be compatible with your combi boiler. Combi boilers are not ideal for larger households as you can’t run multiple water-using appliances, such as showers and taps, at the same time.
- Mains Pressure Dependent – For your combi boiler to perform correctly, you will need to have good mains pressure. Before your Gas Safe registered installation company installs your combi boiler, they should ensure that the mains pressure in your area is appropriate for a combi boiler installation.
- No Backup – Combi boilers do not have immersion heaters, which means that you will not have any hot water or central heating in the event of a breakdown.
What are the Benefits of Wirral Combi Boilers?
The benefits of combi boilers include:
- Efficiency – Combi boilers are the most efficient boilers currently on the market. They heat water on demand, reducing wastage. Homeowners can save up to £300 per year on their heating bills when installing a new combi boiler in Wirral.
- Cheaper Installation Costs – Unlike conventional boiler systems, combi boilers do not have complex components, simplifying the installation process. Since they use a simple heating mechanism, installations are usually faster and cheaper.
- Speed – Combi boilers heat water directly from your water mains allowing for a faster supply of hot water when you need it. There are no water tanks or additional storage, which means that the water will only be hot when you need it to be.
- Space-Saving – Combi boilers are compact heating units that don’t require any other cylinders or storage tanks. There is no need for any additional water tanks, making them ideal for smaller homes or apartments.
- Additional Selling Point for Your Property – Standing out in the UK property market can be challenging, but combi boilers can be a big selling point for prospective buyers. Combi boilers are significantly more efficient than traditional and system boilers and appear on the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), which can be a huge selling point for environmentally friendly buyers.
- Cleanliness – Combi boilers pipe water directly from the mains, which generally leads to reduced sludge build-up, rust, and debris compared to conventional boilers.
Is Combi Boiler Installation From Wirral Plumbers Right For You?
Before you can enjoy the benefits of combi boiler installation, you will need to choose an experienced Gas Safe Engineer to assess your property’s suitability and to complete the installation for you. According to UK law, all gas engineers must be Gas Safe registered and listed on the official list of Gas Safe engineers.
If you are finding it increasingly difficult to keep your current boiler going or are considering a new combi boiler installation, Wirral Plumbers can help. Our Gas Safe engineers have more than 20 years of experience in heating and plumbing services.
We are Gas Safe registered, ensuring that every job we do in Wirral, Chester and Liverpool is of the highest standards and abides by the law.
Get in touch with us today, and one of our experienced team members will get you started with an obligation-free quote.