Whats Is A Combi Boiler?
Combi boilers, also known as combination boilers, are the most popular choice of heating system in the UK. They are popular because they can provide unlimited hot water on demand, as it heats up water straight from the water mains. This eliminates the need for a hot water cylinder and water tank in your home, freeing up space. Combi boiler installations also require less pipework, reducing the initial costs and the chances of a leaking pipe.
The Advantages Of A Combi Boiler
There are a number of benefits of combi boilers, which has helped make them the UK’s most popular boiler type.
- Compact – Combi boilers heat up water directly from the water mains. This eliminates the need for a separate water tank or hot water cylinder. This makes them ideal for smaller homes or flats.
- Fast Hot Water – Combi boilers heat water on demand. This means you no longer need to wait for the hot water cylinder to heat up.
- Efficient – Combi boilers are highly efficient when compared to older boilers. Replacing your old boiler with a new combi boiler could save you money each year on your heating bills.
- Low Cost – Combi boiler installations are usually cheaper than other heating installations. This is as they are far less complex. Replacement parts are also much easier to find if anything goes wrong.
- Selling Point – A combi boiler can be a selling point if you are looking to sell or rent a property.
- Easy To Service – Due to the popularity of combi boilers, nearly all heating engineers are trained in how to service and repair them.
- Cleaner Heating System – Sludge and debris is less likely to build up in a combi boiler heating system. This is as the water comes straight from the water mains and is not kept in a tank, where it can accumulate debris.
The Disadvantages Of Combi Boilers
- Power Shower – You can not have a power shower if you install a combi boiler. This is because the pressure level is set by the pressure of the water mains.
- Immersion Heater – Combi boiler heating systems don’t use an immersion heater. This means if the combi boiler breaks down you will be left without hot water and heating.
- Limitations – A combi boiler heating system only allows for one shower, bath or hot tap to be run at once. If you have two on at once it would significantly reduce the water pressure to each. This can be a problem if you live in a large household.
- Need Good Water Pressure – For a combi boiler system to work well, your home or property need to have a good mains water pressure. Before you have a combi boiler installed the installer will check if the water pressure is sufficient.
Get In Touch
If you are interested in our combi boiler installation service call us on 0758 0395 493. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as possible. We install combi boilers in Wirral and across the surrounding areas.