System boilers work in the same way as conventional boilers, heating up hot water separately in a hot water cylinder. A system boiler is usually much faster and efficient than other boiler installations. This is as many of the components of the hot water and heating system is built into the boiler. System boilers are a great option for households with multiple showers or taps that may be in use at the same time.
Advantages Of System Boilers
- No Cold Water Tank – A system boiler does not need a cold water tank. This is as they can be used with pressurised cylinders. This saves room in your home and means that you can install a system boiler if you don’t have a loft.
- Easy To Install – System boilers are usually much easier and quicker to install than other types of boilers. This is as a lot of the components of the central heating and hot water systems are built into the system boiler.
- Fast Response – Built into a system boiler is a pump which makes the boiler respond quickly.
- Multiple Taps – A system boiler stores hot water in a cylinder meaning that multiple taps or showers can be used at once, without a reduction in water pressure.
Disadvantages Of System Boilers
- Take Up Space – Although system boilers don’t need a cold water tank they still take up more room than a combi boiler. This is because they require a hot water cylinder, which can take up a lot of space.
- Limited Hot Water – The amount of hot water you have is limited to how much water your hot water cylinder is. When this runs out you will have to wait for the tank to heat back up.
- Heat Loss – A hot water tank can loose heat, making it inefficient, if it is not insulated correctly.
Get In Touch
If you are interested in our system boiler installation service, or have any questions, call us on 0758 0395 493. You can also email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We install boilers in Wirral and across the surrounding areas.