An electric boiler uses electricity rather than gas to generate hot water. Just like a gas boiler, it will heat up the water that warms the radiators and water you use in your home. Electric boilers can be used at off-grid properties, or where a gas supply is not available or not wanted.
Advantages Of Electric Boilers
- Quiet – Electric boilers are very quiet when in use. This is electric boilers don’t rely on elements inside the boiler moving to create heat.
- Don’t require gas – In the United Kingdom over 2 million homes don’t have access to a mains gas supply. Electric boilers are a great way to heat homes that don’t have a mains gas supply or off-grid properties.
- Save space – Electric boilers are small and compact systems that can be installed in tight spaces. Electric boilers don’t use combustion fuel meaning they don’t require a flue or chimney. They also don’t need to be installed on an outside wall as there is no flue or gas pipe.
- Efficient – Electric boilers can be more energy efficient than gas boilers as they loose little heat when generating hot water.
- Save money – Electric boilers benefit from a high efficiency rate, as almost no energy is lost when converting electricity to heat. Therefore, you save money on your energy bills compared to if you had a traditional boiler. Also, installing an electric boiler requires less equipment, which saves you money during the installation process.
- Safe – Electric boiler do not use fuel, making it safer as you won’t experience any fuel leaks.
Disadvantages Of Electric Boilers
- Expense of electricity – Electric boilers are considered to be a slightly more expensive way to heat a home due to the cost of electricity over gas.
- Not suitable for large homes – Electric boilers are only able to heat up a small about of water at any one time. Therefore, a conventional gas boiler may be more suited to a home where hot water usage is in high demand.
- Power cuts – If there is a power cut your boiler will not be able to operate, so you won’t have any hot water or heating.
Get In Touch
If you are interested in my electric boiler installation service, or have any questions, call me on 0758 0395 493. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I install electric boilers in Wirral and across the surrounding areas.